Shop & Save: Tax-Free Weekend
Get your munchkins – and your wallet – ready – it’s tax-free weekend! Friday marks the start of three days of shopping bliss – think discounts, balloons and face-painting at every mall in town. Here’s a quick primer on the weekend & the festivities…
- The state-sponsored holiday runs from Friday, Aug 12- Sunday, Aug 14
- To be exempt from taxes, clothing items must cost less than $75 and school supplies less than $15
- On the tax-free list: clothes, shoes, uniforms, diaper bags, lunchboxes, crayons & glue
- Not on the tax-free list: books, watches & jewelr
- Click here for complete details
Nearly every mall in town is rolling out the red carpet for shoppers and their munchkins. Here are a few highlights…
- Aventura woos munchkins with origami, face painting and Japanese clothing courtesy of Miki House at Bloomingdales.
- The Falls woos shoppers with a super sale. Also on hand (Saturday only), a Back to School Splash hosted by South Florida Parenting and featuring paddle boats, a dunk tank and an inflatable car wash. Saturday at 2pm, get your song on as Bloomingdales hosts a glee club presentation featuring Area Stage Conservatory students.
- Dadeland is presenting a fashion show, nutrition presentation and kid-friendly activities. On Saturday and Sunday, the mall will also host the Fun Factory Tour featuring Moshi Monsters, Gogo’s and Lite Sprites
- Cool-de-Sac at Dolphin Mall hosts a Back to Cool Pep Rally featuring school spirit, prizes & special promotions.
- Miami International Mall offers up balloons, face-painting, kids etiquette tips and family-friendly presentations on nutrition, food safety & water conservation