Earth Day 2012 in Miami
Time to get green – Earth Day 2012 has arrived & Miami is ready to celebrate. Here are a few of our favorite events happening around town…
- Go green with an Earth Day storytime and craft session for kids at Tutti Bambini Maternity Concierge. April 20, 2:30pm; Free.
- Celebrate National Library Week & Earth Day with artist Edwin Villasmil at the Miami Beach Library. April 20, 10:20am; Free
- Alternately, get crafty with artist Edwin Villasmil with a green art project at Kendale Lakes Library. April 21, 4pm; Free.
- Go green with free yoga courtesy of Green Monkey Midtown (adults only). April 21, 11am; Free.
- Take the 2nd annual Great Energy Challenge at Miami Science Museum and compete in exhibits throughout the museum. April 21, noon-6pm; Free with admission.
- Celebrate a life-sustaining, permanent green culture in South Florida with live performances, tastes from the Homestead Harvest Cafe, guided walks and movement workshops at this Homestead Earth Harvest Festival. April 22 at noon; Free.
- Celebate all things green at the Barnacle & enjoy munchkin-friendly environmental activities, music & picnic opps. April 22, 11am-4pm; Free with admission.
- Get mobile & go green with Slow Food Miami's bike tasting tour through some of Homestead's farms. April 22, 8:30am; $30 per adult.
- Enjoy kids activities, a bike valet, an EV/Hybrid vehicle display, tree planting & sustainable food at the Gables EarthFest Celebration. April 22; noon-5pm; Free.
- Explore what it means to be "green" with games & crafts about clean energy, recycling and conservation at MiChiMu's Green Team Earth Day Extravaganza at MCM. Bonus - Miami-Dade County residents will be able to exchange 3 old light bulbs for energy saving compact fluorescent light bulbs and exchange up to 2 water-wasting showerheads for water-efficient models. April 22; 10am-6pm; $12
- Go green while treating your stomach to a barbecue feast at Homestead's 2nd Annual Blues Brews & BBQ. Enjoy award winning eats, blues & country music, pony rides and an interactive zone sponsored by Homestead Motor Speedway.
- Enjoy green activities and entertainment for the entire family and animal enrichment with recycled items at Zoo Miami's Party for the Planet. Bonus - admission is free if you donate a cell phone to the Zoo's eco-cell phone recycling program. April 21-22; 11am-4pm; $11.95-$15.95
- Continue the Earth Day celebration with free admission to Fairchild on Monday, April 23. 10am; Free.