Are you the fun parent?
Most families seem to have a fun parent. The mom or dad who sneaks in extra TV shows, toys & cookies. The one who thinks there’s always 10 more minutes before bedtime and there’s definitely time to hop in the pool 20 minutes before you’ve got to be at grandma’s. The one who rarely says no.
And then there’s the other parent. The one who manages most of the doctor appointments and vegetable consumption. The one who gets everybody where they need be and the one behind most of the time-outs in the house. The one who always feels like he/she is saying no.
Sound familiar? Odds are, whichever parent you are, you’ve got respect (and a bit of jealousy) for the other. Today Munchkin Fun salutes you both!
8 great things about being the fun parent
- You’re the fun one!
- 9 times out of 10, the kids will race to you first
- You’re top pick for a birthday party date
- A good romp around the playroom is invaluable
- A little goofiness goes a long way
- A little extra sugar rarely hurts
- You get more laughs than tears
- You’re having fun most of the time
8 great things about being the other parent
- You’re the one they race to when they’re sick
- You know the homework will get done
- You know the doctor appointments will get scheduled
- Your kids will say please or thank you or do something polite & you’ll know it’s because you taught them to
- You’re on time more than you’re not
- Well-rested kids tend to be happier kids
- Munchkins love structure – even if they claim otherwise
- You’re way more fun than you think you are
Time to fess up – which parent are you? What do you love – or hate – about your partner’s parenting style?