American Girl Sneak Peak
Munchkin Fun made some munchkin magic today at the sneak peak of the American Girl store. Our little ladies (4 and 2.5) loved every minute of it – from the welcome stickers to the book displays. Here’s some quick insight we picked up along the way…
- Park as close to Bloomingdales as possible. American Girl is basically next-door
- Prep for crowds. The store is expecting 10,000 people Saturday & Sunday (leave the strollers at home and consider visiting in a few weeks)
- Bring the big bucks. Classic dolls start at $100, “babies” at $50
- Bring the older girls. The store’s main product line caters primarily to girls 7 and up – independent readers who can embrace the dolls, their stories, etc. Little ones will love the babies, but the big ticket items are for the older girls
- Plan to linger. American Girl reports the average store visit lasts two hours (including tea and a salon visit). Seems high to us, but plan for at least 30-60 minutes
Happy shopping – enjoy the pics below and don't forget to enter our American Girl giveaway!