Rainy Day Kids Activities
Another rainy day in the Magic City – are your munchkins going stir crazy yet? We’ve rounded up some of our favorite indoor activities – guaranteed to help pass the time till we can hit the playground…
- Go “swimming” – fill up the tub, slip your munchkin into his bathing suit, fill the bath with toys and let him go to town. No sunscreen required.
- Get baking – get a jumpstart on sweets for your sweet this Valentine’s Day with some kid-friendly cooking. Think slice & bake (if you’re short on time or patience), go glam with sprinkle-laced treats or indulge in brownie hearts.
- Make it a movie day – sometimes you just need a movie. Pull out a blanket, snuggle on the couch and pop in your family favorite – we’re big fans of Cars, Toy Story and anything princess over here.
- Get crafty – lay down some newspaper, gather up the construction paper, scissors, markers, crayons and glitter (if you’re feeling brave) and let the little ones go to town. Tip – make “presents” to send to grandparents, aunts and uncles – then drop them in the mail.
- Think collage – gather up a bunch of old magazines and newspapers and let your little one dig out her favorite words, pictures and letters. Then make a custom collage with all the goods
- Stage a show – recruit your older kids to create an impromptu play (once upon a time there was…) or dance recital
- Rock out – pump up your favorite play list and get silly for some quality jumping around